Wednesday, November 18, 2009

For value investors and online entrepreneurs

A couple of new products profiled by TechCrunch may be of interest.

For value investors, particularly the ones who enjoy investing in big companies everyone already knows about: Trefis might be of interest as a GUI way of playing around with discounted cash flow estimates.

For online entrepreneurs who want a more professional way to accept payments than PayPal and don't want to deal with the hassle of setting up the gateway, payment processor, security certificate, etc. from scratch (as my developers did with ShortScreen.com): Recurly (currently in "private beta"). I didn't look at all of the comments in that thread, but a couple of commenters mentioned a competitor to Recurly that's already live, Spreedly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your endeavors to find good investing tools, have you ever come across anything similar to AAII's Stock Investor Pro? I say that, because my subscription is up and I'm about to bight the bullet.

DaveinHackensack said...

It's been a few years since I've seen the membership side of AAII's site. Not sure what would be a free facsimile.