Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Response from Alloy Steel International's CEO


In response to the list of questions I submitted to him last week, I got an e-mail from Alloy Steel CEO Gene Kostecki a couple of hours ago. I didn't hear back from him when I asked him if I could share the text of his e-mail on this blog (bear in mind Perth time is twelve hours ahead, so he may have signed off for the night by then), so I won't quote it here verbatim. But this is the gist of it: Gene apologized for not answering the questions by today; he noted that he's been busy drawing up plans for the new mill program, and that CFO Alan Winduss has been busy working on the reports given the recent conclusion of the company's fourth quarter and fiscal year. Gene said that the company planned to issue an interim report that would answer many of the shareholder questions I submitted to him, and that they would be happy to address any questions it didn't answer.

2 comments:

Kunal said...

Dave - what are expectations as to Alloy, Destiny Media and USEG? What sort of returns do you estimate if investing in these shares today? Apologies if you have already addressed. I was unable to find on searching your blog.

DaveinHackensack said...

I am hesitant to estimate returns, partly because I don't know what the future holds, and partly out of fear of jinxing things, but you can come up with your own rough, ballpark estimate for Alloy Steel fairly easily. Start with its highest quarterly earnings number on record (6.8 cents), achieved with one mill at full capacity. What do you think the company will earn with two mills operating at capacity? Or with the third and fourth mills it plans to build next year? Annualize that, and multiply it by a conservative multiple.

The math is a little fuzzier for USEG, but I am bullish about that as well. I have less visibility with DSNY, but the annual report next month should clarify things a little.

Sorry I haven't been more specific here. Good luck.