Saturday, January 16, 2010

A couple of updates

There are still some good people in the investment industry, and I was fortunate to speak with a few real gentlemen this week: Bill Singer of RRBD Law, Marc Mayor of Inside ALPHA, and Mark Sullivan of First Trust. All offered some excellent suggestions, some of which I will be implementing soon. Herewith, a couple of updates:

- The new blogs. Sometimes it's harder to find people to do the simpler jobs than the more complex ones. Things didn't work out with the previous vendor and I have requested a quote from another one. Hopefully, these blogs will be up and running soon. I'd like to start the comment contest soon, because the first prize gift certificate is for dinner at a restaurant chain that has an Altman Z"-score in the distress zone. If I had more time and patience, I'd set these blogs up myself. I may end up doing that.

- Portfolio Armor. We are putting the finishing touches on it. I am excited. I think this will be a useful tool for a lot of investors, myself included.

No comments: