Thursday, January 7, 2010

A young, European Ahmadinejad

At the end of last year, lefty blogger/policy wonk Matthew Yglesias mentioned Camera Obscura's song French Navy as one of the best of 2009. I had never heard of them, so I looked them up and listened to the song, which is quite catchy and retro. Below is the video, which features some scenic shots of Paris and Rome. Below the video are a few observations about it.



Observations:

- The band's lead singer reminds me a little of a JetBlue flight attendant with her outfit.

- The blond fellow behind her reminds me a little of the blond guy from Trainspotting (perhaps partly because the band is from Scotland).

- Cheryl mentioned this one first, but I concur that the bearded young man gallivanting around France and Italy with his girl in the video looks sort of like a young, European version of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

No comments: