Sunday, August 24, 2008

Banks Update



Above is a photo of the new branch I mentioned that Pascack Community Bank (OTCBB: PCCB.OB) is building in Hackensack, NJ (I snapped this photo out of the sun roof in my car as I was driving by, hence the poor quality). When I mentioned this initially in another earlier post ("America's Smartest Banker"), I assumed that building a new branch was a positive sign for a bank. Perhaps I shouldn't have assumed that. In doing some research on one of the banks that I mentioned as a potential short idea in a recent post ("The Strongest and Weakest Banks in America"), I found out that one of those "weakest" banks, Beach Community Bank in Florida (OTCBB: BCBF.OB) is building a new branch as well. From Beach Community's website:

We are presently under construction with a new branch coming soon to Crestview.

No comments: