Monday, May 4, 2009

Something to Cheer up my New British Readers

From FEEDJIT it appears that yesterday's post ("Hatton v. Pacquiao") has attracted a few new British readers to this blog. Since I assume most of you are Hatton fans, here's something to cheer you up: the video of the song "Manchester" (Hatton's stomping grounds) "You Keep it all in"1 by The Beautiful South2.



1Since the embedding was disabled for "Manchester", I substituted it with the video to "You keep it all in", from 1989, about 18 years before I ever heard of The Beautiful South. Back in '89, I was listening to Sonic Temple on my Walkman. Update: Now substituted with a concert video of the same song from 1997, preceded by a few seconds of interviews, since YouTube took down the original video.

2Hat tip to Cheryl for introducing me to this since-disbanded Brit-pop group. We saw them live once at Irving Plaza in New York, shortly before the band broke up.

3 comments:

none said...

Thanks for this post.

The Beautiful South is undeniably the best band that ever came out of Hull and it is my favorite band ever.

P. McCartney said...

They're one Hull of a band.

DaveinHackensack said...

I don't know of any other bands that came out of Hull, so I can't say how TBS compares with the rest. I can say that puns are the lowest form of humor.